Friday, December 9, 2011

Slow Cooker Fun

I've got to figure out how to work this so my recipes are all in one place on here. I've got a few that I came up with on my own that I'd like to share, but I want them to be organized.

Someday, maybe!

Tonight's Dinner:

Beef Burgundoff (a combination of Beef Burgundy and Strogonoff)

1-2 pounds stew beef cubes
1/2 cup burgundy wine
1-2 tbsp onion flakes
1-2 tsps Garlic & Wine Seasoning*
1/2 cup water
8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
1/2 bag Egg Noodles


1. Spray your slow cooker with a cooking spray to keep things from sticking.
2. Add beef, wine, onion flakes, and seasoning
3. Cook on high heat 4-5 hours. You don't have to stir, but you can if you'd like, periodically.
4. About 30-45 minutes before you are ready to serve, add water and cream cheese. Return cover and continue to cook on high.
5. About 15-20 minutes before serving, add uncooked Egg Noodles. I usually use the smaller bags, and add 1/2 bag to mine. It's just me and my husband, so this gives us plenty for dinner and 2-3 more lunches, each.

*The Garlic & Wine Seasoning can be purchased from the Melting Pot for $3-$5, depending on the day, honestly. We've been charged $3 and $5! You can get it online or at the restaurant, itself, and you don't have to make a reservation to just go in and purchase the seasoning! The bottle is fairly large, and lasts quite a while. We put it on everything - salmon, chicken, in all my beef slow-cooker recipes, and in place of almost anything that calls for garlic powder. That being said, if you don't have this seasoning and don't plan on getting it, substitute Garlic Powder.


Let me know what you think if you try this! I'll be posting more recipes, soon. I only have 2 more (one, really, but I've made a second variation of it), so I'll spread them out!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment