Monday, December 19, 2011

Slow Cooker Fun, Pt. 2

The other night, hubby had a bad stomach ache. He's actually been sick for quite a few days, but it was at its peak on Friday. Knowing how rice and broccoli soup always make me feel better, I decided to try something for him.

In my slow cooker, I put the following:

6 frozen boneless,skinless chicken tenders
1 can cheese soup
1 can broccoli and cheese soup
1 can milk (used one of the soup cans to measure)

I let them cook on high for about 3 hours, until the chicken was falling apart. I then added:

2 cups rice
1 cup water

I reduced the heat to low and let the rice cook in the mix for an hour. It was tasty and made hubby feel better, at least temporarily.

**Please note, you may need to adjust the cooking times for this, if you choose to make it. My slow cooker seems to run hotter than most! Usually when things tell me to cook on low for 4-6 hours, I everything's ready in 3-4. Not sure what it is, but it makes me happy! :)


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment