Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wedding Invites

My wedding invitations are finally made!! Ok, well, ONE is made...hehe I'll actually start putting the rest together this weekend.

The whole reason I got the Cricut Expression was to create my wedding invitations, and after all that, I ended up not even using the Cricut!! I did use the Provo Craft paper trimmer, though...does that count?? ;)

Anyway, here's how they turned out:



Not the greatest picture, but they're really pretty! I used Amelia Glitter Velum paper, which is layered over a 3x5 piece of ivory paper, glued onto a piece of 4x5.5 black cardstock. I had the ivory pieces printed/cut at Office Depot, and I got the black cardstock in a pack of 200 pieces of 5 different colors at Michael's. It came with envelopes for all 200 pieces, too.

Some lovely ladies on the Cricut boards sent me pieces of the velum and pieces of the matching paper (I had some pieces, and couldn't find more, so I asked for help, and 5 lovely ladies came to my rescue!). I'm using the paper for our favor boxes, and the velum for the invitations!

I originally wanted to print the wording straight onto the black cardstock, but no one could do that, so my friends suggested layering ivory paper over the black, since my colors are black and ivory anyway, and it turned out so much better than I had ever dreamed!!

1 comment: