Saturday, June 27, 2009

Trinchies



These are the two "trinchies" I created for the beach themed swap. The top one took me 6 freaking hours to make 10 of!!! What the hell was I thinking??? It turned out fantastic, though!

The top one was made with my Cuttlebug and the Distress Stripes folder for the "wood" parts of the tiki bar, and then I cut everything else (the tikis, the pineapple drinks, and the words) with my Cricut and the new Life's A Beach cartridge. I glued some rafia on the top, and then glued ribbon over that to help keep it from falling off.

The bottom "trinchie" was the first one I did, and less involved. (Even if it had been the second one, after what I went through for the top one, it probably would have come out just the same...)
I used a palm tree wooden stamp, a clear Studio G beach chair stamp, some LePlumme (or whatever they are) markers, my cool nifty wave punch, and then Life's A Beach for the sun. I added some "Distress" Stickles to the background...blue for the sky, and a gold-ish color for the sand. The picture makes it look more sparkly than I think it looks in person. Not sure how that happened...

Thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment