Friday, August 5, 2011

NKOTBSB

Oh, wow. I really suck at this blog thing. I only remember I have it once in a blue moon!!

What's new in the life of a Caffeine Critter? Kind of a bit, actually.

My mom had her shoulder replaced on July 11th. That was her last joint replacement (hopefully) for a long time! In the past four years, she's had both knees replaced, her right hip, and her left shoulder. This surgery replaced her right one. My brother and I lovingly refer to her as the Bionic Woman!

My mother-in-law had one of her kidneys removed due to a grapefruit sized tumor on it. Her surgery was also July 11th.

Both mom's are doing very well!

I've joined the Google+ and Spotify Communities; I don't know why! lol

On July 23rd, I got to see the super group, NKOTBSB in concert with my best friend!! (My profile picture is us at the concert - I'm in the white tee, on the right) We had a BLAST. She and I actually became friends over a common love of the Backstreet Boys back in 1998, and we've been friends since. The concert was beyond amazing, and we got a ton of great pictures! She even found a story we wrote throughout high school (yep, the dates on our story pages spanned 4 years), and had a lot of laughs going through it! Apparently, I'm a very visual person...there were all sorts of drawings and diagrams on the pages, most of which I drew. Not sure why I needed to do that...!

I've also started making lots of cards and jewelry. My goal is to make some extra income for my husband and I so I can save up to go on a Backstreet Boys cruise in 2012. The cruise happens the month before my 30th birthday, and it would be a dream! Not only am I saving up the money to go, I'm determined to lose at least 100 pounds between now and then. The ultimate weight loss goal is 140 pounds, but we'll see!! I signed up for Weight Watchers Online this week, and today (8/4) was day 2 for me. I'm really excited, and I hope the excitement continues!!



Hopefully I won't take such a long hiatus again, but I think I only write this for myself!! :)

*J*

No comments:

Post a Comment