Saturday, June 14, 2014

Standing Still

I'm really starting to feel like time is standing still. I know it's only been a couple of days since I posted last, but it feels like it has been weeks.

July 8th, the day of my consultation, cannot come fast enough. I went to Dollar Tree and got a composition book to write all my information in so I have it all in one place. This week, I plan on covering and decorating it.

That was always my favorite part of school - book cover time. My mom would always cover my books in paper bags to save money, and I loved it. That meant I could doodle/draw all over my text books and really make them my own. As I've gotten older, instead of scrap books, I cut out things from newspapers and magazines that have meaning to me - pictures, ads, articles, etc. - and glue them into a composition book I've covered in a paper bag and doodled/written on. It is so much fun to go back through the completed book(s) to see how I've changed and grown over the years. A lot of things stay the same, obviously, but some things that were important to me several years ago no longer matter much.

...LoL Quite a tangent I went on, huh?

I guess time standing still isn't that much of a bad thing. I can work on a new technique for my beer mittens, decorate my surgery composition book, learn new recipes, spend time with my husband, watch stupid movies on television...keep myself busy so I don't think how far away July 8th is!

Time to move forward!

*JC*

No comments:

Post a Comment